Thursday 5 April 2012

A bit of Body Shop love!


I've always been completely in love with The Body Shop... my dad's girlfriend loved the stuff and I'd always just sit in her bathroom and smell everything. I was a weird kid...
I still am a weird kid.

Since I got my first paycheck... I've been casually strolling in their store and buying everything that seemed to tickle my pickle!
I haven't bought much from there lately because I'm been trying to spread my money a little further as I just handed in my resignation at work. I'll explain in my next post.

I also believe (finally) that I should be using up products before I buy more.
I must have about 20 body lotions and don't get me started on how many hand creams I own!

Anyway, I figured I'd share my current Body Shop collection with you.
Above: Pomegranate & Raspberry Scented Candle (£10, The Body Shop)
This is my favourite ever scented candle. It's so sweet and inviting. This goes really well with an Ed Hardy Vintage Vanilla candle I have. The scents really compliment each other to make a creamy, sweet aroma. Plus I love how the candle melts... it becomes an oil which makes the scent stronger!

Above L-R: White Musk Smooth Satin Body Lotion (£9, The Body Shop)
Earth Lovers' Watermelon & Eucalyptus Show Gel (£5, The Body Shop)
When I buy body lotions and shower gels I always choose musky, woody or nutty tones except when it comes to watermelon. I LOVE WATERMELON. Always have.
I did buy a few of these Watermelon & Eucalyptus
I hate 99% of other fruity smells. I don't like fruity perfumes or lipsticks. 
I love The Body Shop's White Musk range and have for as long as it's been going!
Above: Almond Body Butter (£12.50, The Body Shop)
 I really cannot say how much I LOVE this.
I love, love, love, love, love, love, love the smell of almonds! Also, not just any almond scent... it HAS to be The Body Shop one!
I got an almond cuticle cream and also a hand cream to go with it from the Boots Ingredients range and it was lovely but it doesn't come close to this!
There is just such a raw, fresh, organic smell to this and I always reach for their almond stuff first!
This must be my 20th(?!) repurchase. LOVE.
L-R: Seaweed Pore Perfector (£10), Born Lippy Watermelon Lip Balm (£2), Mango Lip Butter (£4), Chocomania Lip Butter (£4), Shea Lip Butter (£4), Rose Lip Roll-On (£4)

I'll be completely honest... the Seaweed Pore Perfector does nothing for me. I find it extremely expensive and it was a stupid buy... I gave it 3 weeks and saw no difference with my big, fat pores! Horrible!
I love the lip balms from The Body Shop... they're smooth and smell/taste amazing! No stickiness. I always buy my lip balms from there.
Now onto the lip butters... only use these inside the house. They leave a tint on your lips. The Shea one makes me lips white almost but that's the only one I really love.
The Chocomania one is too chocolatey and the man go one tastes like cute.
The Lip Roll-On is just oil. It's nice for those days when you're just with your boyfriend and don't need that MAC Girl About Town on your lips... it does look like lip gloss but it is very greasy.
I, personally, think the lip butters and the lip roll-on is way too expensive. Looking back... why?!
I apply the Shea one every night before bed but would I spend £4 on it again? No.

Above: Aqua Eye Mask (£6), Warming Mineral Mask (£9), Almond Hand & Nail Cream (£10)

I love all of these!
I bought the Aqua Eye Mask and the Warming Mineral Mask together in Winter because they both heat up... perfect in a freezing cold house!
It's so nice to use these together... put some Gustavo Santaolalla on and just let go.
The price of the face mask is a bit high but it's lasted me such a long time and it is absolutely amazing. Not in Summer so much because it's more on the 'very warm' side of the scale.
I just love this hand cream so much. I have so many others but I know I'm going to end up buying this again straight away. My all time favourite and my boyfriend also loves it!
Worth the £10!

Above L-R: Strawberry Body Lotion, Vitamin E Hydrating Toner, Shea Body Lotion, Shea Shower Cream, Vitamin E Cream Cleanser & Strawberry Shower Gel (All £4)

I buy things from The Body Shop in twos if they're the 250ml and I'm not sure why! I always buy the small ones before I spend twice as much on the 750ml which are £12!
I love the Shea range and the Vitamin E range but I hate the Strawberry ones! I'm giving them to my boyfriend's sister tomorrow because it's such a waste!
I love the hard soap so I thought these would be lush. Not at all. Just not my thing.

Above: Cranberry Joy Hand Cream (£1.50 on sale), Pink Grapefruit Lip Butter (£4), Facial Brush with Lid (£3), two nail files (£2 each)

I like this Cranberry Joy hand cream but it's very fruity! It was a Christmas range that isn't sold now! Bargain!
The lip butter pictured above is another horrible one... I got it in a set with the Shea and Mango.
I use it though! Not wasteful!
I LOVE this facial brush! Scrubbed the bad bits away!
Their nail files are TERRIBLE. Not rough enough and my nails sink into the striped one so how is that even helping? Pretty designs at least!

L-R: White Musk Libertine Eau De Parfum (£12), Perfume Oil in White Musk (£?), White Musk Chiffon Sheer Body Mist (£7)

Their White Musk Libertine perfume is one of my all time favourite perfumes! It's inexpensive, sweet, woody, musky. Love it and so does my boyfriend. Plus! Plus!
I rarely use this oil at home but when I'm staying at my boyfriend's house and I've cleaned myself before bed... I put a little bit of this oil on and he ALWAYS comments.
I actually do it for the compliment!
I've used this body mist for about 10 years now. I've only switched it up once and that's in the last month! I will always be faithful!

L-R: Brow & Lash Brush/Comb (£8), Eyeshadow Brush (£9), Face & Body Brush (£16), Concealer Brush (£9), Baked-To-Last Blush in Petal (£12), Bronzer (£13), Super Volume Mascara (£10)

I LOVE Body Shop's brushes (that's why they're dirty). They are so soft and guilt-free!
I use my Urban Decay & Real Technique brushes along with these but I want to replace my other with Body Shop brushes because I'm not sure if the Real Techniques brand is cruelty-free and the Urban Decay brushes are a bit stiff!
The blush is lovely but you have to really buff your brush in there to get some colour! It is pigmented... it's just so hard to penetrate! (giggity)
The bronzer is amazing but they don't do this one anymore... unless they've just changed the packaging, I don't know. It's a matte bronzer and has a lovely, big mirror!
I had issues with the mascara at first but now I absolutely love it! You need to let it dry out a bit first because it was seriously watery and got everywhere. I had so many tantrums applying this before a party or a date. I gave up and then tried it again about 4 months later... now I LOVE it!


So, that's all for my Body Shop collection post... I did forget my Lip & Cheek stain and a few more lip balms (Watermelon again and a Cocoa butter one) but thank God!
A lot of reading! Oops!

Katy x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for the comment and I promise to reply as soon as possible!
Have a lovely day!
Katy x